nanog mailing list archives

Re: Few questions to the american ISPs [Re: DDOS anecdotes]

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 22:12:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Steven J. Sobol wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Pim van Riezen wrote:

The many ways in which cable providers fail to care about security is
mindboggling.

Actually doing something about security would cut into the bottom line,
so they don't do it.

That doesn't look right to me. I should say "actually doing something to
educate people about security." It's unlikely that there are no security
measures at all in place at the cable providers...

--
JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO - sjsobol () JustThe net

Donate a portion of your monthly ISP bill to your favorite charity or
non-profit organization! E-mail me for details.