nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDoS attacks

From: Rafi Sadowsky <rafi-nanog () meron openu ac il>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:08:55 +0300 (IDT)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 up () 3 am wrote:

[deleted]

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

One important notice - most of this kiddies are not from USA.

 How exactly did you get to this conclusion ??

 The smarter script kiddies can crack systems in a few countries and use a
few hops to get the place they installed the zombie master
for example:

 <cracker> -> <Romania> -> <china> -> <Poland(DDoS master>

Good luck to you tracing the attack to the cracker ;-)

-       Rafi

--
Rafi Sadowsky                                   rafi () cert ac il
 Network Operations Center  |VoiceMail: +972-3-646-0592   FAX: +972-3-646-0454