nanog mailing list archives

RE: ISP contracts and government intervention

From: "Daniel Golding" <dan () netrail net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 01:22:19 -0400

order does not exist to prevent or stop suck service. The only

This should say "such service". Freudian slip, perhaps.

"credentials"
someone needs is a positive return on a Dun and Bradstreet credit report.
Paying in advance tends to get around even that.

Check out HavenCo, and it's purpose. I think it may be the sort
of thing you
are looking for, although I would certainly never call it a "blackhat"
operation, as it is completely above board, just not interested in
government (over)regulation.

("hats" are for hackers. I don't think you'll find many folks who
wear such
figurative headgear on NANOG)

- Daniel Golding