nanog mailing list archives

Re: How common is lack of DNS server diversity?

From: Charles Scott <cscott () gaslightmedia com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:08:59 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, deeann mikula wrote:

i experienced this exact same thing, and it was the secondary ns that
NT was "fixating" on when making queries.  (the secondary was up and
down for a few weeks until a new one was shipped out--yes, off-site
and off-AS ;)

Deeann:
  Yep, that sounds right. In our case it was also the secondary and I'm
pretty sure it was in fact some NT servers and as you say they were
"fixating" on the secondary and wouldn't ask the primary even though they
had the ns data. Guess I wasn't loosing it afterall.

Chuck