nanog mailing list archives

Re: Maintenance Windows for Networks Spanning Multiple Time Zones

From: <largo () megatokyo com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:43:29 -0600 (CST)

maintenance windows should be relative to the time zone the systems reside
in, otherwise a 2am window on the east coast, will become a 11pm job on
the west. It just isn't practical.

On 22 Jan 2001 tex () delamancha org wrote:

Folks,

  I am looking for input from other providers as to how they handle
maintenance windows when their networks span multiple time zones.

  I would imagine that common windows are not expected to span more than
3 or 4 timezones due to the difficulty of finding a large enough block
of time that works for all of the time zones in that window.

  So, what do you folks do?

-tex