nanog mailing list archives

Re: Inter-provider communications (Re: nobody @home)

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:59:06 -0500

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 09:41:49PM -0500, Steve Sobol wrote:

Patrick Greenwell wrote:

If a provider won't help their own paying customers, what chance is their
that they are going to help anyone that isn't their customer?

I'm just waiting for one of the big NSPs to be sued due to complicity in
an attack. That, essentially, is what we're dealing with.

        I don't see that happening anytime.  If it's big enough to sue over
the law enforcement agencies get involved and they tend to get the
attention required to stop these attacks on the isp/nsp side.

        <insert please to use unicast-rpf check of some sort, either
                ip verify unicast reverse-path or
                ip verify unicast source reachable-via any|rx >

        - jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net
END OF LINE  | Manager of IP networks built within my own home