nanog mailing list archives

RE: Sprint / C&W peering issues?

From: Jeff Loughridge <jeffl () sprint net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 16:16:27 -0500 (EST)

We have applied a temporary fix to relieve congestion with C&W in
Atlanta.  Additional bandwidth is pending.  Just to clarify, the
Sprintlink backbone is not experiencing capacity issues nor are we
dissatisfied with the performance across our private peering connections
as a whole.  In the majority of cases, our proactive monitoring and
traffic graphing tools allow us to correct potential problems before they
become apparent to Sprint customers and others.

Please contact our noc via phone or e-mail when you have concerns about
our network.  I am confident of their ability to address problems and
escalate if necessary.

Jeff Loughridge
Operations Engineering
Backbone Operations