nanog mailing list archives

Re: net.terrorism

From: <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:54:47 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Sabri Berisha wrote:

That's my point. How do I know? Do they provide a static listing with host
they blackhole? Not that I know of. I only see *some* of my traffic ending
up in /dev/null...

Probably the same way you found out about this one.  Somebody notices a
site seems to be down only from your network and they complain.  You look
into it, and find that someone is filtering your traffic.

If they are able to route the host to /dev/null, they will probably be
able to filter that advertisement out...

Please show us the config necessary to do that.  Assume they'll be using
Cisco routers running any recent version of IOS.

And you're saying Above should look the other way while ORBS abuses their
network?

No. Why do we keep getting the ORBS discussion in this? This is about
announcing and nullrouting, not mailrelaytesting.

Because the behavior of ORBS is the reason (I'm assuming that...I don't
actually know it) that Above has null routed that IP.

I think it's just about procmail time if this thread continues.

That's also a nullroute ;)

But it's my mail, and I get to decide how to process it.

:0
* ^From:.*<sabri@bit\.nl>
/dev/null

--
 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |