nanog mailing list archives

Re: UUNET peering policy

From: John Fraizer <nanog () EnterZone Net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:05:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

Hmm, what are they trying to prove? They want to own the Internet no
doubt. I'd prefer to pay another like Genuity for transit to UUNET than
pay them direct and feed their appetite for power.

Agreed.  I am constantly telling UUNET sales monkeys that we'll gladly buy
transit directly from them, as soon as they meet or beat the $ per Mb/s
that we're currently getting.  For now, I'll pay the 3ms "latency tax" to
save 50% on the transit bill.

(UUNET Sales Monkeys, do you read this list?  STOP CALLING ME UNTIL YOU
FIX YOUR PRICES!)

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc