nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Flash help needed

From: Simon Lockhart <simonl () rd bbc co uk>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:22:22 +0000

Anyone know if there's already something like this for NT? :)

No - although now I've done the work of working out the format, I'm sure
someone will do it.

What exactly is the purpose anyway?  Extra storage?  If so, how fast can
the labtop write/read to the flash?

The purpose is to avoid having to use tftp to get files on/off the cisco.
The laptop can read the cards at the same speed as the cisco.

What is the biggest size of a flash
anyone ever seen?

The biggest I've got is 20M

I only saw 110M card before.

I think you get up into the PCMCIA hard drives at those capacities.

While we are on the subject, is there way to look at the source code of the
cisco ios?

Yes - go work for Cisco ;)

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516