nanog mailing list archives

Re: Preferential notice of new versions

From: Joe Rhett <jrhett () isite net>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:03:49 -0800

The odd thing is, I think Paul said past and future security notifications
have been and will be distributed via CERT (to non-bind-members).  I could
be wrong, but I don't think I've ever gotten initial notification of a
BIND security problem from CERT.  Heck...even this most recent one was
first publicized via nanog several days before the CERT notification.

Paul has repeatedly stated that nothing will change about how notifications
are done, thus you can probably expect to see a notification here in
advance of CERT. Note that I'm not speaking for Paul, ISC, etc.

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
JRhett () ISite Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/