nanog mailing list archives

Re: Preferential notice of new versions

From: Joe Rhett <jrhett () isite net>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:01:46 -0800

Is ISC stating that Nominum, Inc. customers will receive up to the minute
security updates?  IE, is Nominum to ISC-Bind what sendmail.com, inc. is
to The Sendmail Consortium?  If so, OK.  But, I'm taking it as Nominum
offers support services, similar to what Harker Systems, and others, does
for sendmail.

There are enterprise support contracts available for purchase. I don't know
if they've shifted them into Nominum or not, but they are referenced in
multiple places.

And yes, it is my impression that Nominum intends to be BIND, Inc. but I'm
not associated with them and that is only my impression.

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
JRhett () ISite Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/