nanog mailing list archives

Re: Automated DLR conflict detection

From: Jesper Skriver <jesper () skriver dk>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:21:58 +0100

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 04:45:12PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Jake Khuon wrote:

HCB> >Damn... it *IS* Sean with the Black Backhoe. He's verifying
HCB> the >diversity, the only real way to....  May I suggest the
HCB> Sean with the Black Backhoe as a permanent NANOG post, much
HCB> like Black Rod and Silver Stick in the UK? It's so much more
HCB> than sergeant-at-arms or bodyguard.

So is that who we'll be sending our "protection money"? |8^)

Actually I would be much happy with a Certified something.  I can't
figure out why people want a CCIE to run their Juniper routers.

Because a CCIE is about a lot more than knowing how to configure a Cisco
device, very few will pass a CCIE test without _knowing_ the technology,
and what they are doing, and that is the same regardless of the label on
the equipment.

/Jesper

--
Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)