nanog mailing list archives

Re: @Home ordered to shutdown at Midnight

From: Jeff Wasilko <jeffw () smoe org>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 21:39:12 -0500

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 09:00:02PM -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:

I've had no problems, apparently some people are on AT&T @Home, while
others are on AT&T Broadband, I am an AT&T Broadband customer, some of
my friends (Atlanta, Seattle) are AT&T @Home customers who no longer
have access, AT&T claims that everyone who lost access lastnight will
be online with AT&T Broadband within ~10 days.

I think it depends on whether you were originally a MediaOne cable system
or a TCI system.  MediaOne systems still use Roadrunner as their ISP,
while TCI was Excite-based. Lucky for me, I'm on a former MediaOne net.

That's not correct. The old Mediaone/AT&T Broadband regions are
not using RoadRunner. The systems and staff were split off from
RoadRunner when AT&T had to divest it's interest in RoadRunner
(as part of the AOL/TimeWarner merger, IIRC).

-j