nanog mailing list archives

Re: multi-homing fixes

From: Steve Noble <snoble () sonn com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:26:52 -0700

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 03:19:51PM -0700, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
the /24s of small multihomers is half the routing table (see geoff's data)
and is growing radially (if you are silly enough not to filter that stuff).

You mean there are more smaller guys than larger ones?

And what's small?  CNN with a /24?  eBay with a /24?  Traffic wise they are
certainly not small, visability wise they are certainly not small, and I'm
pretty sure no one here will claim that.  Yet both annouce /24's out of the
Classful C space and get listened to (atleast by Verio who is a known filterer).

--
: Steven Noble / Network Janitor / Be free my soul and leave this world alone :
:   My views = My views != The views of any of my past or present employers   :