nanog mailing list archives

RE: Affects of the balkanization of mail blacklisting

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () anime net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 02:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Mitch Halmu wrote:
Since when is operating an open relay against the law? Please quote the
federal law NetSide has broken in having its mail servers configured as
they always were since we started in 1995.

Congratulations, you just won an entry into my sendmail '571 list'.
And guess what, I dont even need MAPS to do it.
The sendmail access hash database works just fine.

I suspect many other listmembers who dont run MAPS are manually making
entries to block your open relays as well.

-Dan

--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]