nanog mailing list archives

RE: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

From: "Vivien M." <vivienm () dyndns org>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:51:10 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu]On Behalf Of
Larry Sheldon
Sent: August 2, 2001 7:44 PM
To: nanog () merit edu
Subject: RE: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers
everywhere (fwd)

I understand they have a problem notifying everyone since they don't
know contact information for the people using the service, but I would
have expected to see an announcement here, for example.

Lemesee if I got this right...Paul Vixie doesn't know anybody that can
pull my IP addresses out of their logs, look them up on ARIN,
send me email.

Do you log every single DNS query to your DNS servers (if you have any)?

I'm not aware of anyone who does, simply because the resulting log would be
gigantic... especially for a DNS-based service as huge as MAPS.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.
vivienm () dyndns org