nanog mailing list archives

Re: RIP and RIPv2, "The glue that makes the internet work"

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 02:44:50 +0000 (UCT)

        POP quiz!

 What was/is the largest production network (in number of end nodes) that
 used/uses RIP as the IGP?

 What was/is the largest production network (in number of end nodes) that
 used/uses static routing as the IGP?

That was last month's issue. I chuckled too. But, for a small end-point LAN,
it's not bad. Consider it appropriate tech, applied in appropriate places.
Even fully static routes aren't bad, on small enough networks.