nanog mailing list archives

Re: solar flares effecting anyone else?

From: Greg Maxwell <gmaxwell () martin fl us>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:23:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Jim Mercer wrote:

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:08:49PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
We've been having problems with solar flares, clock speed and electromagnetic
radiation from satellite debris.  I told our people to power surge the
drivers though, and now everything's ok.

what does "power surge the drivers" mean?

It involves placing a reverse quantum bias on the line drivers. This
causes an enormous electromagnetic flux which purges out any stray bogons,
which are often the cause of mysterious route flapping.

Duh.

--
The comments and opinions expressed herein are those of the author of this
message and may not reflect the policies of the Martin County Board of