nanog mailing list archives

Re: When IPv6 ... if ever?

From: Masataka Ohta <mohta () necom830 hpcl titech ac jp>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:37:16 +0859 ()

Batz;

:> I am perfectly willing to deploy private-side IPv6, if I had a reason to
:> do so.
:
:I am not, because I know I have no reason.

Thus the reason for the initial question. Something along the
lines of whether there would be performance or other incentives
to deploy it.

There is none.

That's why IPv6 deployment should occur first in the public-side
with the incentive of an allocation of a lot of (e.g. 16 times
the number of subscribers without any usage required) IPv4
addresses as proposed in draft-ohta-address-allocation-00.txt.

                                                        Masataka Ohta