nanog mailing list archives

Re: decreased caching efficiency?

From: John Fraizer <nanog () EnterZone Net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 02:08:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

If folks running networks really think website designers and owners
should care about caching, then there needs to be some sort of benefit
(perhaps paid in dollars) to those affected. Otherwise, there's little
reason for them to care.

      Think again.  When potential customers dollars walk to the
competition, you will start caring.  I'm not going to pay you so that
my customers can visit your site and buy things from you -- that's
completely out of the question.

      --msa

Your customers are paying YOU to provide end-to-end connectivity on the
internet.  If that involves a settlement based peering arrangement, you're
saying that it is completely out of the question?

Have fun with your non-connected network.  I'm betting on your customers
dollars will RUNNING to the competition.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc