nanog mailing list archives

Re: UUNet?

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 17:38:33 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

As is: http://www.nac.net/outages.asp

which, if I could find the link, goes back to 1995...

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Martin Cooper wrote:

Steve Kann <stevek () SteveK COM> writes:

I have to say, that in my experience, the only company who practices
full disclosure is AboveNet.  Even to outsiders, they have the current
capacity and usage levels of just about every single link in their
network, as well as their tech announcements archive open to the public.
I've seen other "pretty" network status pages from providers, but none
show you the useful information you need.

INSnet (admittedly not a tier-1) has a pretty neat policy on
disclosure, even including a detailed description of the fixes
for problems as well as the causes of them, which is nice.

See <URL:http://www1.insnet.net/> for an idea of it.

M.