nanog mailing list archives

RE: Please Format Your Posts

From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr () baby-dragons com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

        Hello Roland,

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Roeland Meyer (E-mail) wrote:
1) some of us use mailers that won't let us change that easily.
2) but, then those same mailers expect to be talking to updated
mailers on the other end.
Come ON guys! Use Netscape, under an X session. Do I have to stay
stuck in PINE just because of a few old troglodytes? I already have HTML
and RTF turned off.
        In a word 'Probably' .  One I still use pine .  IMO it is still
        -FAR- superior to any of the Mail Agents I have seen .

As soon as I find the wrap switch, I'll hit it.
        In Netscape try: /edit/preferances/Mail & Newsgroups/Messages/

        set Wrap outgoing, plain text messages at XX characters

                Hth,  JimL
       | James   W.   Laferriere | System  Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer | 25416      22nd So |  Give me Linux  |
       | babydr () baby-dragons com | DesMoines WA 98198 |   only  on  AXP |