nanog mailing list archives

RE: Please Format Your Posts

From: Charles Sprickman <spork () inch com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 13:05:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Roeland Meyer (E-mail) wrote:

1) some of us use mailers that won't let us change that easily.
2) but, then those same mailers expect to be talking to updated
mailers on the other end.

There are plenty of updated mailers that run in a term session...

Come ON guys! Use Netscape, under an X session. Do I have to stay
stuck in PINE just because of a few old troglodytes? I already have HTML
and RTF turned off.

Yes!  I don't know anyone that can blow through mailing list chaff quickly
in any of the GUI-fied mailers.  I like to read/compose mail without ever
taking my hands off the keyboard...  I don't want my mailboxes spread over
16 machines for the next person to peek at, and we don't run an IMAP
MTA yet...  You know, I can even click on web links in my crunchy old
mailer?  I don't even have to see the ads (hello lynx!).  If I so desired,
I could have Netscape fire up for this purpose as well.

As soon as I find the wrap switch, I'll hit it.

Edit->Prefs->mail&news->messages->"wrap outgoing, plain text messages at X
chars"

Not to start a religious war, but I really must say every GUI MUA I've
ever touched is bloated, clunky, non-intuitive, slow, and mouse-click
heavy. :)

Charles