nanog mailing list archives

Re: Alternative to BGP-4 for multihoming?

From: "Scott W Brim" <swb () newbridge com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 12:09:00 -0500

Looking only at this web page, I don't see that it *doesn't* use BGP. If it's going to interact with providers it has to speak BGP, yes? It looks to me like it just automates managing multiple connections, through a proprietary protocol for exchanging status between the connection points -- routing information, link quality, NAT status, etc.

(I hope it doesn't do anything which would cause significant churn in the routing advertisements, since that could have an effect far beyond their local area.)

...Scott