nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE-EAST Moving? from Tysons corner to reston VA.

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () mibh net>
Date: 17 Jun 2000 12:11:03 -0700

mark () exodus net (Mark Tripod) writes:

I'm not sure that I'd use AboveNet as the benchmark for the hosting
industry.

I think I agree.  Abovenet's ISX sites (while world class) are really just
points of sale for the company's real product, which is connectivity.  A
fair number of Abovenet's customers purchase connectivity without also
purchasing colocation -- and I can't think of any "hosting" company for
which that would be true.

(No "hosting" company of which I'm aware has its own global optical network.)
--
Paul Vixie <vixie () mibh net>
SVP for Internet Services, MFNX

M.I.B.H. Inc. is a subsidiary of Metromedia Fiber Network, Inc.