nanog mailing list archives

Re: Wanted: Clueful Individual @ TeleGlobe.net

From: Joe Rhett <jrhett () isite net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:11:05 -0700

Unfortunatly, its been my experience that the PUCs are not in much
better shape when trying to figure out how something like this should be
handled than someone like many people on this list that have a large
amount of experience dealing with the telco network.  I'm really coming
                ..                              ..
slamming cases that get brought before them quite a bit, but very rarely
are there real, significant, telecom policy impacting, convoluted
technical issues types of cases brought before at least the KY PSC...of
course we are kind of in an area that doesn't have a huge reputation for
being technologically advanced (yes, I *am* wearing shoes!  ;) but it is
rather interesting for the *lack* of significant cases in this realm.

California is quite different, where Pacific Bell has violated peoples'
privacy and the FCC's fair access regulations enough that the PUC is
promoting a referendum named the "Telecommunications Bill of Rights" or
some such likeness.

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
JRhett () ISite Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/