nanog mailing list archives

Re: Different customer service reactions (was Re: Wanted: Clueful Individual @ TeleGlobe.net)

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: 16 Jul 2000 17:35:55 -0700

On Sun, 16 July 2000, Alex Bligh wrote:
I guess argues for the 'hop-by-hop' methodology of interprovider
cooperation and problem resolution. However, given there are
some NOC's who won't open a trouble ticket for *peers*, or
(sometimes amusingly) for *upstreams*, perhaps this is a
broken metaphor.

Some NOCs won't open a trouble ticket for *customers* for another
part of the same company.  I've had trouble getting Sprintlink to
troubleshoot problems with Sprint ICM.  Sprintlink told me to
call ICM, ICM told me I should call Sprint. So if you won't open
trouble tickets for customers, peers or upstreams who will you
open a trouble ticket for?

Why does GlobalCenter tell people to call AT&T instead of GlobalCenter
contacting AT&T directly?  IOPS tried to set up a common trouble ticket
system between its members.  But I don't know how much use it gets.