nanog mailing list archives

Re: solar storm

From: jlewis () lewis org
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 14:48:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 smd () clock org wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DailyNews/sunspot000714.html

In particular, if anyone notices unusual errors or outages
affecting long copper lines (e.g. DSL), wireless, and very
high density integrated circuits (e.g. in high-end routers
or workstations), that would be cool to hear about.

So this is why our CLEC's have been screwing us worse than usual this week
and their PoS (no...I don't mean Packet over SONET) Unisphere switches
keep crashing.  At least that would work as their DATFH excuse for the
day.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |