nanog mailing list archives

Re: SERVER NAMES

From: "Steve Dispensa" <dispensa () maverick mwis net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 13:27:21 -0600

My personal fav is Top Gun names:
 - Maverick
 - Merlin
 - Slider
 - Hollywood
 - Viper
 - Charlie
 - Goose
 - Iceman
 - Jester
 - and, of course, rubberdogs&&t

I've also used Arthurian myths (lancelot, merlin, etc.), Star Wars,
Spaceballs (helmet, megamaid, etc), and Sesame Street characters.  Peanuts
characters might work too.  For a more scientific flavor, try names of
dinosaurs, dogs or plants.  You could go with inventors (Edison, Bell,
etc.), scientists (the entire Manhattan project, for example), or just plain
old systematic names.

Have fun.

Steve Dispensa
CCIE #5444, MCSE+I