nanog mailing list archives

Re: florida ix(en) facing south

From: Christian Kuhtz <ck () arch bellsouth net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:33:49 -0500

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 03:13:15PM -0500, David Diaz wrote:
[..]
Bellsouth really needs to do a presentation at NANOG

I agree completely.

and explain some
of the design pros and cons.  From what I have seen once you work
through it you see that this is a huge leap from establishing private
peering sessions.  Capacity can also be added in hours instead of
months thanks to DWDM and optical switching.

I will try to pull this together.   Trying to shoot for next NANOG, working
logistics literally right now.  Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Christian Kuhtz <ck () arch bellsouth net> -wk, <ck () gnu org> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.