nanog mailing list archives

Re: florida ix(en) facing south

From: Jeff Mcadams <jeffm () iglou com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:10:59 -0500

Also sprach Randy Bush
i get rumors of one or more exchange points being built in south
florida where there may be good participation by latin and caribbean
networks.  any good gossip, pointers, ...?  any choices which are not
carrier jails?

I had heard that BellSouth was trying to do this in Miami, which, given
our extremely bad experiences with BellSouth in the past, will probably
result in us, at least, avoiding it like the plague.

I'll stop here before my thoughts about BellSouth get too out of hand.
--
Jeff McAdams                            Email: jeffm () iglou com
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848