nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

From: sigma () pair com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:59:09 -0400 (EDT)

It's been a long time since I've seen so many people get so upset over
what strikes me as an obvious step which others took a long time ago
and has a policy which makes room for worthy exceptions.

Because some hosts are providing other virtualized services which are
nowhere near being ready for use without per-IP allocations.  I'll grant
that it's not such a big issue for HTTP anymore, except of course for
bandwidth shapers, network analysis tools, load-balancing switches,
kernel-based virtualizations, etc etc etc.

Kevin