nanog mailing list archives

Re: peering wars revisited? PSI vs Exodus

From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson () greendragon com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 12:18:15 -0400

Gordon Cook wrote:

Further more I have always had a rule that a formal interviewee will
have no surprises.  I tape the interview and assure the person
interviewed that he or she will get a draft asciii copy of what i
propose to publish and have seven days to read that copy an return it
to me with any mistakes or technical errors corrected and within
reason things rephrased if the interviewee feels that he or she can
say them better.  The interviews are 95%  with technical folk on
technical subjects.  They get assurance that if they wind up saying
something  inaccurate, they have only themselves to blame.   but all
my interviewees know exactly what they are getting into and their
comfort level seems quite high.

If Gordon always does this, then I take back my comment about laziness
in this instance.  There's no way that he could have done the reviews
in the time for bringing this to our attention.  Mea Culpa.

WSimpson () UMich edu