nanog mailing list archives

Re[2]: ICQ & AOL - Rostelecom and Zenon

From: Dmitry Safronov <dumone () rt ru>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:09:04 +0400

Hello ,

That's right. The AOL has blocked our network /16 (195.161.0/16) about
3 month ago and all attempts to contact with AOL were unsuccessfull.
The people from AOL told (by phone - because the trouble team did not
answered yet by mail) that they knows nothing about blocking policy
and also don't know who can block in AOL  :(

Maybe people from AOL still reading this list and can answer me
personally or to this list ?

Friday, April 28, 2000, 9:31:48, you wrote:

VLB> Hello,

VLB> We (ZENON/Internet AS6903) and Rostelecom (AS8342)
VLB> tryed this address and ICQ tech support. C&W contacted
VLB> AOL operations about this problem also. But still even no
VLB> reply. The abnormal thing is that they does not send any
VLB> notifications about closing networks... For now we have
VLB> 4 /24 networks closed. Rostelecom have much more space
VLB> blocked (/19 or more...). Dmitry Safronov from RT is
VLB> reading this list - I think he will comment this situation.

VLB> ---
VLB> Victor L. Belov
VLB> ZENON N.S.P.
VLB> +7 095 250 4629

Did you try trouble () aol net?  If not, give it a shot.

--Richard