nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internic and PGP

From: David Shaw <dshaw () jabberwocky com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:25:08 -0500

On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 03:54:38PM -0800, Jeff Frost wrote:

Has anyone else been having problems modifying domain templates, etc using
PGP authentication at the Internic?  I called today because I've been
having problems for a week and was told that Network Solutions is having
difficulties with their PGP keyserver.  No ETA on when it's going to be
fixed.  I'm just wondering if this is the truth or if the tech is just not
willing to help me with my domain issues.

PGP authentication hasn't worked in at least 4 months.. it may have been
broken before that, but I didn't have any need to send an update.

I've mailed the Inter.. er, Network Solutions people about it and the
general impression I get is, "Thanks for your input.  Now watch how fast I
can ignore you."

The guard-talk list they run (do they still run it since they hijacked
internic.net into networksolutions.com?) used to be a good place to post
PGP problems, but nowadays most everyone on the list has given up.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw () jabberwocky com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/