nanog mailing list archives

Re: They're at it again...

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:42:18 -0500

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 06:11:36PM -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:
Now that all these folks have laid claim to inventing the Internet,
I wonder who will take the credit (blame?) for inventing the web?

Microsoft, of course.  Give people a year or so of the "your desktop is
the web / the web is your desktop" mantra and it will seem quite natural
that Microsoft invented the web.  I mean most people think they invented
the "General Protection Fault", right?

They did. :)

(ObNetOps: Be glad Microsoft doesn't build routers.)

--
Steve Sobol sjsobol () nacs net (AKA support () nacs net and abuse () nacs net)

    "The world is headed for mutiny/When all we want is unity"
          --Creed, "One"