nanog mailing list archives

Re: They're at it again...

From: "Christopher E. Brown" <cbrown () denalics net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:56:20 -0900 (AKST)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Charles Sprickman wrote:

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Jeff Aitken wrote:

Now that all these folks have laid claim to inventing the Internet,
I wonder who will take the credit (blame?) for inventing the web?

Microsoft, of course.  Give people a year or so of the "your desktop is
the web / the web is your desktop" mantra and it will seem quite natural
that Microsoft invented the web.  I mean most people think they invented
the "General Protection Fault", right?

        Course not, they bought out the inventing company and added a
feature to all their software.

----
        As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
        and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.