nanog mailing list archives

Re: Silly season

From: Tim Wolfe <tim () clipper net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:37:13 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Steve Dispensa wrote:

I don't know how big of a deal is being made about 2.038K on a corporate
management level, but it would seem that the ensuing months would be just
about a perfect time to address this issue.  After all, many companies have
teams for the date-field issue right now, and we've gotten pretty good in
the past couple of years at analyzing this problem.  It would only make
sense to immediately move on to the 2038 work after Y2K settles down.  Let's
just not wait until 2035 to deal with it this time, huh?

 - Steve

Do you honestly believe that corporate *name your country* will spend the
money NOW to fix a problem that won't affect them for 30+ years?  One of us
is living in a fantasy world....

-- Tim

* Timothy M. Wolfe, Chief Network Engineer       *
* ClipperNet Corporation / It's a wireless world *
* tim () clipper net 800.338.2629 x 402          *
* Sufficient for today = Inadequate for tomorrow *