nanog mailing list archives

Re: NetSOL blames Microsoft for its problems...

From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol () nacs net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:50:38 -0400

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 04:13:40PM -0600, Pete Kruckenberg wrote:

This's the first I've ever heard that IE "often" has
problems with SSL. Great response, though. NOCs should just
blame network problems on Microsoft, because everyone knows
that their software sucks.

Their software DOES suck. :) But I've never had trouble with IE SSL.

The problem that you are experiencing in obtaining a secure connection
is an error within the Microsoft web browser. Microsoft web browsers
often have problems connecting to sites which use advanced Secure
Socket Layers.

Not in my experience.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Tech Support Guru, Abuse Desk Guy, Bill Gates Lookalike
New Age Consulting Service, Inc. http://www.nacs.net/