nanog mailing list archives

Re: .cc domain spam

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:01:21 -0400

On Sat, Sep 26, 1998 at 05:41:41PM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Sam Hayes Merritt, III wrote:
Registrant:
Network Solutions, Inc. (WORLDNIC4-DOM)
   505 Huntmar Park Drive
   Herndon, VA 20170
   US
   Domain Name: WORLDNIC.COM

That's different.  That's Network Solutions scamming the clueless.
Domainspace (according to Michael) has no connection with the .cc
registry.  They're just middlemen.  Network Solutions might want you to
believe the same thing of worldnic.com, but I think most people here know
better.  Or to sound like Mr. Flemming....many of the people on nanog know
more than most.

No, Jon... don't you remember from earlier this year?  There's actually
a semi-reasonable explanation for that one.

Trademark problem on "InterNIC", as I recall.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
Member of the Technical Staff     "The net is safer in bad weather: you

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com