nanog mailing list archives

Re: Discussion point: Telco quality?

From: Charles Sprickman <spork () inch com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 20:04:55 -0400 (EDT)

That is correct.  Especially if you live in New York City.  Our success
rate lately on DS1 installs is around 30%.  That's truly pathetic for the
price paid.  Add to that about a full day of calling various numbers of
various CO clowns, and your install price has doubled.

Now I've never had a problem with getting a $15/mo POTS line working on
the first try...  But then again it's not <sarcasm> "new" </sarcasm>
technology like them thar DS1 lines.

Charles