nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE NY?

From: Geoff Lisk <glisk () digisle net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:27:36 -0700

I've had really good luck with a very large hole underneath the cabinet and
a several hundred CFM fan at the top.  Telehouse has good underfloor
pressure so the larger the hole the better for the cabinet.  I haven't had
good luck putting vented tiles behind - most of our equipment vents front
to rear inside the cabinets.  My routers are very happy with the large
holes though:

 card       inlet           hotpoint       exhaust
RSP(2)   18C/64F      23C/73F      21C/69F

Although after seeing the rats nest of wires in some of the cabinets I've
seen over the years it's no wonder there are hotspots - nowhere for the air
to go. ;)

-Geoff