nanog mailing list archives

Re: telehouse/ny and 60 hudson (was Re: MAE NY?)

From: alex () nac net
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:51:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Randy Bush wrote:

Last I checked (it's been a couple of months) only one customer was
connected to the 100mbit patch panel on the peering switch and everyone
else was at 10mb.

which gives a clue as to traffic levels.

granted not much, but nice european stuff, especially with Demon, wisper,
insnet, nildram, etc.. being there.

but it is nice that a bunch of overseas folk van be met there.  but the
environment is just not spiffy enough that one would put a critical pop
there.  but a ds3 over and a router in order to meet folk seems reasonable
and prudent.

If it's any indication, we've been quite happy with both telehouses
facilities and hands-on tech. 168% better than worldcom folks.

And yes, it does get rather hot in there....though not as bad as 60 Hudson
in the summer.

60 hudson seems to vary widely depending on which floor and which room.
some folk's collos would even please a seattleite.

heh

randy

   ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs.  October 26-28, 1998, Atlanta, GA.
    Three days of clues, news, and views from the industry's best and
    brightest. http://www.ispf.com/ for information and registration.

     Atheism is a non-prophet organization. I route, therefore I am.
       Alex Rubenstein, alex () nac net, KC2BUO, ISP/C Charter Member
               Father of the Network and Head Bottle-Washer
     Net Access Corporation, 9 Mt. Pleasant Tpk., Denville, NJ 07834
 Don't choose a spineless ISP; we have more backbone!  http://www.nac.net