nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T NOC?

From: Ben Buxton <bb () zip com au>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 00:41:14 +1000

I'v fired of an email to noc () att net but havent got anything yet.

Is this the correct address for their NOC or should I try
elsewhere?

"This" referring to 'noc () att net' and not 'nanog () merit edu'.
I think it was plain from his message ("I need to contact them"
instead of "I need to contact you", etc) that he understood
that 'nanog () merit edu' isn't the address for AT&Ts NOC.

I'd better cover my reputation here and pipe in that yep, I
_know_ what nanog is for..hell, I've been on it for a while..I
figured that rather than wait for however long incase noc () att net
wasnt right, I'd ask here to make sure it wasnt some BOFH redirection
to /dev/null, esp as it was a pretty hair-on-fire situation...

And yes the situation's in hand regarding the bogus routes..and
at&t arent the cause...but the fact that some major NSPs arent
filtering 61/8 at /19 as they probably should be is another
question...

--
Ben Buxton___bb () zip com.au_____    o    _          _--_|\   ZIP Internet P/L