nanog mailing list archives

Re: Two renumbering questions

From: Alan Hannan <alan () globalcenter net>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 00:10:03 -0700

1.  I have a /24 SWIPed to me, 205.238.207.0.  The ARIN listing doesn't say
it's non-portable, so can I take it with me?
The ARIN db lost all portable/non-portable atributes in the conversion.
Unless folks have gone back and requested they get re-tagged,
portability is unclear from the ARIN db.

  Lost as in not displayed to queries or lost as in nobody knows
  what's portable anymore and the canonical data is destroyed?

  I can't imagine the latter is the case, but your assertion is of
  sufficient mangnitude to demand clarification.

  -alan