nanog mailing list archives

Re: ios images ?

From: ken emery <ken () cnet com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:25:39 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Robert Bowman wrote:

stay away from 11.2(9)P if your using loopback interfaces for IGP.  It has
a nasty habit of turning the loopback0 interface into loopback-99 or some
random negative integer.

On 7206's 11.(2)P is crash city so I wouldn't recommend it at all.  11.2(8)
seems to run into a few strange problems too which we haven't been able to
figure out.  We are running 11.2(11)P on one 7206 without problems (so far).

bye,
ken emery

hi,
   were looking at various ios images to use so we can standardise across
  the network. were looking at ios version 11.2(9)P or 11.2(10)P

   does anyone have any warstories to share about these ? good points/bad
 points ? things i should be watch out for ?