nanog mailing list archives

Re: Someones being naughty again...

From: Fancy Feast <alex () sprint net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 13:19:47 -0500 (EST)

All 10.x.x.x networks should be filtered by all competent upstreams.
The same goes for 127 and 224 ;)

is NAT that hard to configure?

Alex

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Marc Hurst wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 jlixfeld () idirect ca wrote:

No, you should definetly not be able to ping it.  Where are you in
respect to home.net?  If you are not directly connected to home.net and if
you can ping that IP, then @home is trying to advertise 10.0.184.0 to
their upstreams and they are accepting those advertisments.  If you are
on home.net then you will be able to see them.  That is definetly wrong
though!  I can see if you use 10.x net for un-advertised touch-down nets
between two routers, but you should definetly not be able to ping them
from afar.

No, I'm definitely not part of the @home net. I'm coming in off a dial-up
of an independant ISP in Toronto (UUnet/Sprint feeds I believe...).

M.