nanog mailing list archives

Re: Load balancing/Multiple CNAME's (Was: Re: Beyond DNS...)

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () wisdom rc vix com>
Date: 07 Jun 1998 18:46:45 -0700

manar () ivision co uk (Manar Hussain) writes:

Actually I'm not so sure - I can well imagine that a reasonably well
publicised change in how DNS works in order to make "the web better" would
probably get adopted more readily in browsers than mere conformance to well
documented, already existent RFCs that are currently flouted.

i imagined that, which is why i contributed to RFC 2052.  but i was wrong.
the browser vendors don't think of this as one of their important problems.
--
Paul Vixie
La Honda, CA                    "Many NANOG members have been around