nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS Headaches

From: max () inc net
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 01:13:32 -0500 (CDT)

Oh man thanks for finding this.  Those are indeed the servers in
question.  Earlier in the day when I tried to get some help from
internic on this they totally would not do anything for me.  Think I am
going to enjoy the return call.

-Max

Max Spaulding
Internet Connect, INC.
max () inc net

On 14 Aug, Robert Cantrel wrote:
I think it's related to something I noticed last night.  It was gone
when I checked again around noon today.

; <<>> DiG 2.2 <<>> . soa @a.root-servers.net
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd; Ques: 1, Ans: 0, Auth: 2, Addit: 2
;; QUESTIONS:
;;      ., type = SOA, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY RECORDS:
.       172800  NS      PANIC.WEBTEAM.NET.
.       172800  NS      TORGO.WEBTEAM.NET.

;; ADDITIONAL RECORDS:
PANIC.WEBTEAM.NET.      172800  A       207.67.50.8
TORGO.WEBTEAM.NET.      172800  A       207.67.50.7

Some kind of technical glitch at InterNIC.  None of the other
root servers displayed this behaviour when I checked.

I have an added note.  Someone asked me about what domains are being
looked up and if it might be something someone registered.  I dont
believe this to be the case.  There are literally hundreds of domains
being looked up to many to have had someone register them all.  Also
many of the domains are actual domains I know to be real such as
excite.com.
   -Max